At ergoCentric, our sole mission is to design and manufacture the best ergonomic chairs in the world and we are recognized as North America’s premier manufacturer of high-quality ergonomic seating for office, specialty and healthcare environments.
ergoCentric seating is designed to be the most adjustable on the market by allowing us to fit 100% of our customers’ diverse workforce with the right seating solution. Our aim is that no one is forced to sit on a mass produced chair that is harmful to their health or reduces their productivity.
Check out our current job openings
At ergoCentric Seating Systems, our sole mission is to design and manufacture the best ergonomic chairs in the world and we are recognized as North America’s premier manufacturer of high-quality ergonomic seating for office, specialty and healthcare environments.
Most seating manufacturers take a “one-size-fits-all” approach to chair design which may fit many, but won’t fit everyone. ergoCentric believes that everyone should be comfortable and healthy at work and our build-to-order, modular manufacturing system allows us to fit every person with the perfect chair. With our always-in-stock inventory of modular components, we are able to make thousands of different chairs and we even modify specific components as required. This means that all employees can be sitting on seating with a streamlined aesthetic, with custom modifications to meet the needs of each individual.
ergoCentric’s head office and primary manufacturing facility is located in Mississauga, ON, Canada. Visit ergoCentric.com to learn more.
Reporting to the Research and Development Engineer, the primary purpose of the Junior Product Engineer is to assist in the development of new office furniture products, assist in the day to day manufacturing issues, and help stream line our production/manufacturing process.
Develop & Execute All Areas of the B2B & B2C Marketing Strategy
- Support the company’s sales and development efforts by producing new and/or improved products
- Assist in the design of new Case Good offerings.
- Prepare CAD drawings from concepts to final design, drawn to scale, suitably detailed to convey the necessary information required for approval.
- Detailed assembly and fabrication drawings in 2D and 3D using Solidworks and/or AutoCAD
- Prepare bills of materials for new products and sub-assemblies.
- Modify and edit existing part drawings using Solidworks and/or AutoCAD
- Assist in the overall integration of design, materials, methods, and tools necessary to produce new products.
- Assist or lead the build of prototype assemblies to test functionality, analyze the ease of assembly, troubleshoot as necessary and summarize results.
- Conduct Testing in accordance with BIFMA X5.1 / X5.11 / X5.4 / X5.4 & CGSB 44.232
- Stay up to date with all standards and regulations for furniture manufacturing.
- Assist in Greenguard and BIFMA e3 Audits.
- Recommend methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities, such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing work flow, relocating work stations and equipment, and implementing low cost automation solutions.
- Design production jigs and fixtures to assist with worker efficiency.
- Identify and evaluate problems and develop improvements to production, packaging material usage, and methods of operations.
- Update existing and establish new Standard Operating Procedures.
- Will become a company resource on materials, product performance and constructions, and manufacturing processes
- Interaction with customers and sales reps, as needed, to ensure proper product development
- Work with sales and purchasing to source materials for customers desired products
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Science. Diploma in Engineering will be considered.
- 1-3 years of experience in Manufacturing
- Ability to learn quickly and understand product knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport is essential.
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Efficient, organized and detail oriented.
- Proficient in CAD modeling software
- A good working knowledge of Word, & Excel
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and independently to achieve aggressive goals
- Ability to work with other departments as the expert on new items. Coordination with Customer Service, Marketing, Quality Control, and other departments may be required.
- Strong desire for growth and learning, and an understanding that failures are a critical step toward future success
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Supports a Culture of Trust and Integrity: Acting with integrity and treating others with respect
We would like to thank candidates who submit their resume for this position. If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected] to provide your contact information. Human Resources will contact you within 48 hours. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
ergoCentric is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code. Please send resumes to [email protected]
ergoCentric is an inclusive employer. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. ergoCentric will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.